Friday, January 21, 2011

Looking for inspiration...

What inspires me?

My creative juices have stopped flowing. I've been a little preoccupied with life lately, but I reallllly need to go back into the swing of things. I'm hoping that breaking down my journey to find inspiration.. well.. inspires me. :)

The first place I usually look for inspiration is in home decor. I'm sure at least some of you watch HGTV, right? Well, my very favorite designer is Sarah Richardson. Out of all of the things that she has done that I have liked, I still can't get one room out of my head. It's the bathroom from the farmhouse with the yellows and grays.. and that amazing claw-foot tub.

Isn't it amazing?! I feel like it's perfect for me.. lol! It's clean looking, but it's also vintage and comfortable. I love the colors and how calming it is. I wish I could get this through in my scrapbooking.

The second place I look is in online clothing stores... usually for children's clothes. I love the patterns and bright colors that are usually found in kids' clothes. And if you're lucky, you'll come across a store that also has great photography. That's always a plus. I'm a huge fan of finding inspiration on zulily.com. I swear everything on that site is amazing! :)

And lastly, I look at fabric swatches and online fabric stores. I'm not going to lie, usually it's the home decor section. I have some sort of infatuation with home decor I guess. Anyways, looking through all of the patterns and color combinations is like looking through patterned paper at the craft store... only this time, I don't spend way too much money to add to my stash that I barely use to begin with. hahaha!

No comments: