Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Today was a big day.

We're marking March 2, 2010 on our calender. Jonah's first tooth finally broke through his gums!! We've been expecting that little booger for weeks now. And not only that, but he started crawling today, too! He has been scooting around on his belly for a while now, so we've been expecting his first "real" crawl. He's growing up all in one day. Before we know it, he'll be driving. Soon, he won't think we're funny anymore, and he'll listen to terrible music way too loud. He's already blaring Monet from his play pen.
Aside from all of that excitement, I realized around lunchtime that today was my husband's 4 year mark in the Army. Had things happened like we thought when we got married, we would be on our way back to the normal life back in Alabama soon. That got me to thinking about how much things have changed. Four years ago today, I was sitting at home missing my best friend (we weren't even dating yet) because he had left for the Army. I never thought that in 4 years I would be married to him and have a 7 month old baby. The thought that my child would be crawling for the first time and getting his first tooth 4 years from that very day never crossed my mind. So yeah, March 2 is a big day in our family.

No comments: