Sunday, December 5, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Gift Wrap

I'm always looking for a way to recycle something or save money somehow. Christmas wrapping paper is no different. It's so expensive! And with my money saving, coupon clipping ways, I buy at least 4 newspapers a week to get the coupons. Sooo let's just say that I have a lot of newspaper laying around. Why not turn it into wrapping paper, right?!

I know this isn't the best picture, but I had to take it at night time really quick because my husband was DYING to open it.. lol! He "needed" his new running watch, so I had it shipped 2-day so that I could wrap it and surprise him with it.

Anyways, I wrinkled the newspaper up and inked it with distress ink and then sprayed it with some homemade glimmer mists. I sandwiched it between wax paper and ironed it on low so that it was flat like normal wrapping paper. Once it was wrapped, I added the bow. And let me just say, I'm horrible at making bows apparently. My friend, Jenny, had to make the bow for me. Thanks Jenny! :)

You can use all kinds of scrapbooking supplies to dress up some newspaper or a roll of kraft paper! So dig into your stash! If you make your own paper, let me know! I'd love to see pics! :)

-Dani

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dani
Neat idea! Would never have thought of using newspaper of all things!! Thanks for the show and tell. Now off to raid the paper rack. LOL

Natalie Jane said...

oooh i made mine this year too from a roll of brown parcel paper i found at ikea :) I laid it out on the floor and had a lot of fun stamping it with random christmas words and stars.
I never had the time to take photos or anything.
plan to make more of it for birthdays so will take photos then :) xoxo