Friday, December 3, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: The Spirit of Giving

First off, I'm posting this like a lot late.. sorry! :) I had planned on posting a few things having to do with cards. Let's face it though, I'm not a card maker. I'll try to post the projects that I made later in the 25 days. I have something more important that I want to post today though.



There is a program called Holiday Mail for Heroes. We did a small card drive in support of this program at Scrapbook Challenges for Veteran's Day. In this program, the American Red Cross accepts cards and distributes them to our service members serving overseas and the wounded at Walter Reed Medical Center. I wanted to go ahead and get this information out there because the cards have to be postmarked by December 10. Any cards postmarked after the 10th will be thrown out. If you want to participate, your cards MUST be addressed as follows:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD
20791-5456

Head to their website for further information and guidelines.

Also, I want to take this time to get the word out about a fake message that goes around every Christmas on social networking sites and email. I'm sure you have all seen the message saying something along the lines of "While you're doing your Christmas cards this year, take the time to send one to a soldier. Address your card to 'Any Recovering Soldier" and send them to Walter Reed.....". I just want to let you all know that Walter Reed doesn't accept cards that aren't addressed to a specific soldier because of safety concerns. They will just throw your cards out. And I've been seeing this go around for as long as I've been an Army wife.. lol :) So, if you see this, PLEASE let them know about the Holiday Mail for Heroes program!

To all of you that will be sending cards, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your support of our troops! :)
-Dani

No comments: