Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 1: Stop wasting those food containers!! =)

We waste a lot of food containers at our house. As I've mentioned before, we eat Chinese take-out (delivery, rather) A LOT. And my husband also has some weird obsession with chicken nuggets from McDonalds (those boxes would also be cute altered and I have some on my desk, I just haven't gotten around to it yet). The possibilities are endless really. You can turn old canned food cans into planters for herbs or other small plants. Use Egg cartons for paint cups. Cereal boxes make great cardboard for homemade embellishments. Anyways, you get the idea.

I've always thought that fry boxes were a little cute. Just slap some paper on there, and they would make VERY cute party favors, gift boxes, etc. From now on, I'm collecting every fry box we get when we eat fast food (which isn't very often now thanks to our new "healthy lifestyle".. phooey).



This is very simple. You will see on the back of the box that there are 2 flaps that can be easily undone (careful not to tear the box). Unfold the whole thing and cover both sides with patterned paper. Fold it back up and secure the 2 back flaps with glue dots or double sided tape. I always use Tacky Tape, and it works perfectly. Then just decorate the front!!

And here I've got yet another take-out box! This one is just in time for Mother's day.. it's the perfect little gift box for my mom!



You can find the tutorial that I posted a few weeks ago for take-out boxes here. The only difference with this one is that it's smaller. You will only need 1 sheet of pattered paper for the smaller boxes like this one. At our local restaurant, this box is the one they send the crab rangoon and egg rolls in, whereas the other box in the tutorial is the rice box. I'm not sure if there's any other way to explain the sizes to you..lol!

Don't forget about my giveaway!! Try one of these projects mentioned here for an extra entry! You have until Friday night to enter, as I am announcing the winner on Saturday!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Very, very cute. Never would have thought of a fry box!

Audra said...

really cool project ideas!! tfs!!

Unknown said...

what a great idea, love the fry box. I will still be around Sc, but probably not as much. I sorta in a rut right now. I think its the pregnancy.